Thursday 25 October 2012

Who is Stylist Amanda Mahoney?









Rochelle here, hope you liked the inspiration above, we all need a pick me up on a Friday ;) 

I am super excited to be holding a style workshop at Top Ryde City this weekend, alongside my Creative Director and Stylist Amanda Mahoney. I worked alongside Amanda, styling the 'Style Me' campaign at Top Ryde City. With a distinct taste and a great eye, Amanda has taught me a lot while I've worked with her at Top Ryde City. She has proven to me that one should never stop learning and evolving their own style. Her constructive criticism has gone a long way and left quite an impression with me. 
Both Amanda and myself can't wait to see you on Saturday, for bookings give the centre a call on-9808 8816 and reserve your spot. In the meantime, here is a little interview I did with Amanda Mahoney to get you acquainted. I adore her, she is one talented lady xox


You're a personal stylist for many leading  brands, on shoots, celebrities, as well as every day women alike. Tell us a little about a day in the busy life of Amanda?
Every day is different and always exhausting! If I'm styling a shoot this requires production meetings and prep - so lots of running around and shopping or sourcing then getting ready for the studio or location, making sure all the clients and the agency requirements are covered. With my personal styling, I will often be at clients houses, reworking their existing wardrobes and then spending time buying and sourcing what they are missing and need for the season ahead.
Styling people for events requires a lot of running around and sourcing from PR agencies to stores all over the country and sometimes overseas. I like to mix vintage pieces in here, as they are often one off's and won't be seen on anyone else.


What is one thing in your wardrobe that you can't live without?
I have a black tuxedo JKT I have had for nearly 20 years. It cost me a small fortune, but has saved me many times over the years. It's my 'throw on and make any basics look good' both day and night piece. A few years ago I bought a cream one that is similar, it has also paid off the hefty price tag many times over! 

How would you describe your personal style?
Relaxed and classic with a bit of an edge. I like to stick to jeans, leather leggings, blazers, great shirts and always a fabulous heel and bag. Accessories and jewellery are a favourite to update any look.

You were the creative styling director on the latest Top Ride City shoot. What was your favourite look from the campaign?
 A hard one, I love all of the looks as they cover so many different styles and women. My personal favourite is probably our casual look with CK jeans, wedge heels and Diva statement necklace, because it's most like my personal style.

What are some styling rules you would recommend for the upcoming spring/summer season?
To stay on trend, still follow the rules of knowing your age and body shape. You can add a digital or floral print in small doses, the neon and pastel as well. Stick to your classics and layer the trends from here. Head to toe OTT only works on editorial campaigns and the catwalk! 

Which is your favourite retailer at Top Ryde City for this spring summer?
I couldn't possibly pick a favourite!!

If you were given $200 to splurge at Top Ryde City, what and where would you spend it on.
I bought a fabulous pair of white patent leather heels from freelance the other day, that I have not taken off since. They were under $200 so I still have some to spend, don't I .......- I would probably head to Collette for jewellery to wear on mass for summer. What I have discovered and think is fabulous at Top Ryde city is that $200 can go so far. All the retailers are fashion forward and on trend each season. Like me, you can buy one main piece to update or spend it across a few retailers and get many pieces to take you through spring / summer.

You're a mum as well as a successful stylist that always looks FAB! What is your advice to woman that are in a similar family & working position as you, that want to be on trend and feel good about what they wear?
Some days not so fab, some days I feel tired and old!!  But thank you - wardrobe editing and organisation is a key for me. I edit every season and tend to stick to my classic pieces and then update. I know what works on my body and for my age, I follow fashion, but am not a slave to trends. Know what is right for you, take some time, when you have a spare moment and go through what you own, what you need and what to get rid of. If I have an important meeting or event I take the time to prepare and lay out the night before or source something fab for that wow factor.

You have a great eye for men's fashion, what advice can you give to guys looking to update their look?
The same advice applies to men as to women - stick to your classics and update each season - and no distressed jeans - the 80's are over! 







No comments:

Post a Comment